Monday, March 6, 2017

SL PRO MANIA 04 MARCH 2017 KLIPDRIFT DAM

The 4th PRO MANIA I decided to fish was at Klipdrift Dam in Potchefstroom.  What a beautiful dam.  Normally i have good success rate at Klipdrift Dam.  But every day is a different day when it comes to fishing.


The dam was also full after the rains in the area.  It was a beautiful sunshine day with almost no breeze.  That was a bit concerning as I like the wind to be active.  I draw peg 9 for the day.  We where only 12 anglers so it was only one zone for the day.  Normally this is extremely difficult as you compete with both outside pegs.  well i though I was finished with all the small fish.   Again my first 3 fish all non-weighers.  I thought maybe I will use the same tactics as at roodekopjes with a 'BOER TRACE" with a P5 and as far as possible.  after 3 hours I decided this is not working.  I need to get something going.  The fish wasn't feeding at all.  at 13h30 a got a reel run and landed a 2,1kg carp.  My only fish for the day.  I got a 8th place with a BMT of 41,67%.  I will have to work hard to get rid of this bad BMT.  But lucky still a long year ahead.

Again thanks for PURE FISHING for the sponsored equipment.
10ft Slingshots
12ft Slingshots
Trilene Line
Avocast Reels



 

No comments:

Post a Comment