Monday, March 27, 2017

CG PRO MANIA AT KOSTER DAM 19 March 2017

Hi there all anglers.......

Well this is my fifth Pro Mania for 2017.  The venue is scheduled at Koster Dam in North West.  It was a chilly morning with a cold wind blowing.  But it changed very quickly as the day progress and become warm during the day.

The morning I draw Peg 17.  When I come to the peg I could see that this is going to be a difficult day.  Pegs 14 - 19 was in a dinghy (sloep).  The anglers already discussion how we going to cast over each other.  It was also a difficult zone as I had Piet Grobler, Charles Gates, JD Steyn, Raymond Cloete in my zone.  The pegs 20 -23 was very much favourable as they where pegged where the bank makes a nice point.

Well I saw the fish playing at a distance of about 50m.  I clipped my one rod at 50m and the other at 65m.  The 65m quickly gave me a fish, but the 55m wasn't working at all.  I changed the 55m to 75m.  That paid off.  I fished the entire day at 65m and 75m.   I tried at rod at 110m but immediately changes as there was to much grass in the water and you got stuck.

With the dam sitting at over 100% you had to walk in and make sure to avoid the grass below otherwise I loose the fish.  I caught 12 fish for the day 3.73kg.  It was just not enough.  The guys on pegs 20-23 where killing us.  Danie Roux win the zone and the day with 30 fish 9.93kg.  Well done to my team mate from Pure Fishing, Raymond Cloete - he ended up on a 4th position for the day.  Also 30 fish 9,2kg.  I finished 13th for the day with a BMT of 42,86%.  Not good and I have to work hard on the following Pro Mania's.

Thanks again to Pure Fishing for the awesome equipment.  I fished the first time with the 10ft Slingshot 3,5lb.  I really enjoyed the rod as it is a bitter stiffer than my previous 10ft which was a 2,5lb.  I really hit my mark every time with the rods.

I fished with the following for the day :
10ft Slingshots 2,5lb and 3,5 lb
FS4000 reels
Trilene 9pd line and 30lb leader line
Trilene hook links 7pd.

Thank you so much for the awesome sponsor and the awesome equipment. 

KOSTERDAM



RAYMOND CLOETE - 4TH OVERALL FOR THR DAY

MARKUS SWART AND RAYMOND CLOETE

No comments:

Post a Comment