Thursday, April 6, 2017

GAUTENG PRO MANIA LEEUPLAAS VAALDAM 2 APRIL 2017

Hi there anglers......

My sixth Pro Mania!!!  Almost on 8 then it will reflect my real points!!!

The sixth Pro Mania I decided to fish was at Leeuplaas Vaaldam on the 2nd April 2017.  The evening of the 1st April I slept over at Herberg Hotel.  There I had a few beers and the famous Herberg Hotel pizza.  Loukie van der Merwe with his family slept over as well.

The morning of 2nd April I got up at 04H45.  What a pleasure - it is not 02H00 as usual!!!  Nice warm shower - nice cup of coffee (Loukie actually made it and bring it to me)

I arrived at Leeuplaas at 05H30.  There were a lot of the top anglers there.  This will be a hard contest.  We started with the draws.  One of my lucky days - PEG 1.  An outside peg 'normally' give a person an advantage.  I hope this was the case today.

As I drove to my peg I looked at the anglers that will be in my zone.  Whow!!!  What a competitive zone this will be today.  Richard Bekker, Morne Zaayman, Pieter Greyling, Thys Greyevenstein and Loukie van der Merwe.  This is going to be tuff!!!

I decided to start the morning on the following 2 distances.  80m with my favoured 10ft 3.5lb Slingshot and on 115m with my favourite 13ft Slingshot.  I hit my distances easily when the day started. 

At 07H30 my 80M already produced 2 nice Carps.  My 115M was still very quite.  In the next 15 minutes I caught another 3 yellow fishes which was all to small.  Yellow fish must be 450mm to count as a fish.  I decided to change the 80M to 125M.  I rigged up the 125M when my 115M rod started up.  Nice Carp of about 2kg.  S my two distances for the day 115M and 125M.

At the end of the day I caught 17 Fish 22,930kg.  Till 14H00 I had a change in winning my zone.  But then Loukie van der Merwe (Barbell King) decided to catch a Barbell of 10,90kg en 30 minutes later caught a Barbell of 18kg. can't compete against that two monsters.  Well deserved Loukie!!  I went for the Barbells and it paid of.  It could have gone the other way and then I was in the pound seat.  well done Loukie!!  I ended 2nd in my zone with Loukie winning the zone.  Give me an BMT of 87,1 for the day.  I am happy with that!!

Again many thanks to my sponsor Pure Fishing for the amazing equipment.  Pure Fishing is really going out of there way to assist us and ensure that we produce as anglers.

I used the following equipment on the day :
1) 10ft Slingshot 3.5lb.  I am so impress with this rod!!!
2) 13fit Slingshot - this is to hit my mark on 115M en 125M easily.
3) Trilene Maxx- 5pd line (0.16).  All my spools have Trilene 5pd line on.  can't go wrong
4) Trilene Maxx - 9pd hook links (0.21).  Can't go wrong
5) Trilene Maxx - 23pd leader line (0.35).  Can't go wrong!!
6) FS6000 reels.  Smooth running!!!

MORNING AT LEEUPLAAS - VAALDAM

17 FISH 22,930KG FOR THE DAY

NICE CARPS FOR THE DAY

TOP 5 FOR THE DAY




No comments:

Post a Comment