Monday, January 30, 2017

JH PRO MANIA 29 JANUARY 2017

HI All

Hope all the readers had a great weekend of fishing. 

My second Pro Mania was on the 29th of January.  Again at Vaaldam - Wilgedraai.  Well with the good position I achieved on the previous PM, I thought I had a good change to do even better.  But as we all know, everyday is a different day in the angling world.

The morning I draw Peg 12.  When I started unpacking I look at the people in my zone.  Again a difficult zone with good anglers.  Franco Kalp, SJ Koster, Henco vd Westhuizen (A Junior but a damn good angler).

So the day started at 07H00.  I started the same way on 65M and 125M.  The tempo was extremely slow.  The 65M quickly gave me 2 small carps.  But then the yellows started on the 65M.

My 125M also started up and I can feel this is a nice fish.  But about halfway the fish was off.  Not a nice feeling.  Only at 10H30 my 125M started up again and the Avocast 6000 start to sing.  Nice carp of about 3kg.

On the 65M I tried to fish through the yellows, but it was difficult.  Between them I manage to catch a few small carps.

I ended up with 9 fish 9,880kg.  That gave me a 3rd position in the zone.  Franco Kalp ended 1st in the zone with Henco vd Westhuizen 2nd in the zone.  Well done to the gents.  Henco also manage to catch a barbell of about 10kg.

I fish with my reliable Pure Fishing equipment.

1) 13ft Slingshots and 10ft Slingshots
2) Avocast 6000 reels
3) Avocast 4000 reels
4) 5pd Trilene line
5) Trilene Leader line of 20pd
6) Trilene 7pd Hook lines

Until next time.....

WILGEDRAAI - WHAT A BEAUTIFUL VIEW



MORNE SAAYMAN - WINNER FOR THE DAY......PURE FISHING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment