Monday, January 23, 2017

PRO MANIA CLASSIC SATURDAY 21 JANUARY 2017

Hi All

My first Pro Mania for 2017 at Wilgedraai Vaaldam. 

Well the first Pro Mania at Wilgedraai Vaaldam took place on 21 January 2017.  Wilgedraai received a lot of water with the Vaaldam water level increased to above 60%.  We are all very thankfull for all the rain and the increase in water levels.

The morning we did the normal per draws.  I draw peg 6 for the day.  Total of 45 anglers.  When I look at my zone competitors for the day (Peg 1 -9) I could see this is going to be an extremely hard day.  Christo Conradie (Peg 1 again!!!), Raymond Cloete (Peg 2), Johan Pretorius (Peg 8) and Allan Groves (Peg 9).  So to be in the Top 5 in the zone will be hard.

I started on distances of 90m and 125m.  After half an hour I realized the 90m is not a good distance as the fish are jumping at 50 - 60m.  I decided to change my strategy and fish on 60m and 125m.  I caught two nice Carps on the 125m and considered changing both rods.  But then suddenly the 60m start to pick up.  Smaller fish, but all weigh fish.  I kept my rods on the two distances which paid of.  I caught 18 fish with a weight of 18,720kg.  Gave my a second place in the zone.  Christo Conradie on Peg 1 won the zone.  With my second place in the zone I also ended 6th overall on the day.  For the first Pro Mania I was happy with the results and can just build on my BMT for the season.

I again fished with my sponsor PURE FISHING tackle :

1) Slingshot 13ft Rods
2) Avocast Reels
3) Trendline 5 and 7lb line
4) Trilene leader line

Many thanks again to Pure Fishing for a great sponsorship and quality equipment.

See attached photos.

PURE FISHING - AVOCAST REELS WITH 5LB LINE

SLINGSHOT RODS
 
MORNING PEG 6


 SOME BEAUTIFULL FISH - MYSELF AND RAMOND CLOETE


No comments:

Post a Comment