Wednesday, January 11, 2017

PRO MANIA 2016 MASTERS FINAL



PRO MANIA 2016 MASTERS FINAL.

BLOEMHOF DAM - SANDVELD

The Pro Mania Masters final was a tough one.  With the Top 11 anglers competing against each other.  The morning I draw peg 11 - not really an outside peg as the Seniors division started just next to me.

The previous day my friend Gert Strydom fished on the same peg and had a really tough day.  But I had to get my mind right and fish the peg to my best abilities.

Then we also started at 07H30 due to water hyacinths all over the dam.  With that it also put a doubt in my mind regarding my distances.  As the 100m I planned was difficult to achieve due to the water hyacinths.  I changed my strategy and started fishing at 60m and 75m.  That was actually two great distances for the day.  So - the mornings late start with the hyacinths help me to get my distances right.

I finished 2nd overall for the day.

Many thanks to my sponsor - PURE FISHING for all my tackle.  It was really a privilege presenting PURE FISHING in the final.

The tackle I used from PURE FISHING was as follows :
1) Rods - Slingshots 10ft
2) Reels - FS4000
3) Trilene - 9pd line
4) Trilene - 20pd Leader line
5) Trilene - 7pd hook lines.







No comments:

Post a Comment